Basilica Menor de San Lorenzo
- Ciudad Universitaria, Bolivia
- Basilica Menor de San Lorenzo - the main Catholic church of the city of Santa Cruz. It is located in the city center, overlooking the square Plaza 24 de September. At first, the monastery was built in 1770 at the expense of the Order of Mercy by King Francisco de Toledo. In 1770 the church was rebuilt by Bishop Ramon de Herbosom. In 1838, during the rule of Marshal Andrés de Santa Cruz, the church was completely rebuilt in eclectic style by the famous French architect Philippe Bertresa.
On both sides of the facade Menor de San Lorenzo is a beautiful four-storey bell tower, each of which are vintage mechanical watches. The main attraction of the Basilica has lovely wooden vaults, preserved in its original form. Entrance to the monastery is decorated with two pairs of columns with an original ornament.
Once inside the church, you will be amazed by its beautiful design. On the main altar is preserved part of the silver coating Jesuit mission San Pedro de Moxos.
- Rene Moreno, Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Area 24 SeptemberArea Sept 24 one of the most interesting monuments of Santa Cruz It is a quiet peaceful place closed to traffic The area is the center of the local...
- Wellness Centre Guembe BiocenterWellness Centre Guembe Biocenter one of the most visited places in the Bolivian city of Santa Cruz It is surrounded by exotic woods famous for its... Estancia Los Bajos
- International Airport Viru-ViruInternational Airport Viru Viru the largest airport in Bolivia situated at an altitude of 375 meters above sea level It was built in 1977 on the site... Viro Viro
- 0.9 El Pari
- 1.0 Equipetrol
- 2.3 Urbanizacion Cooper
- 2.3 La Madre
- 3.2 El Pari
- 3.3 Las Palmas
- 3.6 Hamacas
- 4.1 El Trompillo
- 4.2 San Aurelio
- 4.2 Santa Cruz de la Sierra