Estonia — attractions and interesting facts
Estonia is on central of Europe. Capital is Tallinn. The area is 45 thousand square kilometers. Population - 1 million. Neighboring countries of Estonia are Russia and Latvia. We found в этой стране 218 attractions, some interesting of them. On eastern part are Narva Castle, Park Toila-Oru, Cathedral of the Assumption of the Ivangorod fortress. In central are Kadriorg Park, Tallinn's Old Town, Song Festival Grounds. On noth are Manor von Palen Palmse, Cape Juminda, Olympic venues in Tallinn Pirita. On west are Bishop's Castle, Kuressaare Airport On southeastern part are Mountain Suur Munamägi, Castle Kirumpää, Neuhaus Castle. On eastern part are Narva Castle, Park Toila-Oru, Cathedral of the Assumption of the Ivangorod fortress. In central are Kadriorg Park, Tallinn's Old Town, Song Festival Grounds. On noth are Manor von Palen Palmse, Cape Juminda, Olympic venues in Tallinn Pirita. On west are Bishop's Castle, Kuressaare Airport On southeastern part are Mountain Suur Munamägi, Castle Kirumpää, Neuhaus Castle.
Estonia — Attractions
page: 1, results: 218
- Narva CastleNarva Castle (Castle Herman) was founded at the end of the XIII century the Danes conquered northern Estonia Fortress they used as a shelter in the...
- Kadriorg ParkThe famous almost 300 year old man made park which occupies about 70 acres of land on which the gardens and ponds in the Catherine Palace is located... 1
- Tallinn's Old TownIf you are striking medieval architecture and the spirit of antiquity and lures in his arms the old town of Tallinn a great place to research streets...
- Song Festival GroundsSinging field in each country whose people in a special way to treat such monuments As the name suggests these fields to pick like minded music and... 1
- Contemporary Art Museum KumuKuma Museum is one of the five branches of the Art Museum of Estonia founded in 1919 Kuma in place since 2006 is the largest in Estonia showrooms... 2
- Wesenberg Rakvere CastleRakvere Castle or Wesenberg built in the 13th century by the Danes at the site of the ancient city of the Estonians Later the castle passed to the... 1
- Park Toila-OruToila Oru Park is located in the vicinity of the famous Estonian Toila resort famous for its baths made in ancient Roman style and picturesque...
- Cathedral of the Assumption of the Ivangorod fortressChurch of the Assumption in Ivangorod fortress was built in the early XVI century by the Italian master Marcus Greek The prototype was the church of... 1
- Narva RiverNarva River or as it was called in the old days "Narva" located on the border of Estonia and the Leningrad region The river is 77 km and the total... 1
- Quarter RottermanaThe current trend in architecture can be seen in Tallinn quarter Rotermana which is near the entrance to the Old City This quarter is now a busy...
- Museum of Estonian ArchitectureMuseum of Estonian Architecture is located in Rottermana quarter in a building that used to be a salt composition The museum was founded here in 1991...
- Town HallGothic town hall the only one of its kind that remained in the territory of Northern Europe The first mention of it date back to 1322 year then it... 1
- Pärnu RiverParnu one of the longest rivers in Estonia Its length is 144 kilometers Located along the Pärnu settlements Turi Cindy and Pärnu The river empties...
- Marzipan MuseumMarzipan Museum a unique relatively new museum in Tallinn dedicated to the confection Here you can see the form for making marzipan as well as...
- Pirita ConventPirita Convent built in the XV century located in Pirita on the north east of Tallinn In the Middle Ages it was the largest monastery in Livonia... 1
- Tallinn ZooTallinn Zoo was founded in 1939 Today the collection includes more than 350 species of animals that live on 89 acres Some of the exhibits include the... 1
- Waterfall VaalasteVaalaste the highest waterfall in Estonia and the Baltic States Its average height 30 5 meters the maximum height 56 meters The waterfall is... 1
- Street short legStreet short leg in Tallinn a writhing pedestrian street about 40 meters long more like a ladder Together with the parallel street long leg connects...
- Manor von Palen PalmseLocated in the heart of Lahemaa National Park Homestead background singed Palms is considered the most beautiful of the now preserved and restored...
- Waterfall YagalaYagala waterfall on the river of the same name in Estonia 25 kilometers east of Tallinn The waterfall about 8 meters width 50 meters This is one of... 1
- Cape JumindaRocky promontory Juminda is the northernmost point of Estonia Cape located in the north of the peninsula of the same name which is part of the...
- Monument battleship "Mermaid"Monument battleship "Mermaid" is set in Tallinn Kadriorg Park It is a monument in the form of a bronze angel standing in the granіtnym pedestal with...
- Haapsalu CastleHaapsalu Castle Bishop's Castle with the cathedral located in the center of Haapsalu in western Estonia The castle was founded in the XIII century as...
- Latin QuarterTallinn Latin Quarter located between the street Vene and defense of the medieval wall It was here that in 1246 the monks of the Dominican Order...
Estonia — Interesting facts
- Сapital : Tallinn
- Population : 1,291,170
First level administrative units
- Khaapsaluskiy Rayon