Greece — attractions and interesting facts
Greece is on south of Europe. Capital is Athens. The area is 132 thousand square kilometers. Population - 11 million. Neighboring countries of Greece are Albania, Macedonia, Turkey and Bulgaria. We found в этой стране 1561 attractions, some interesting of them. On southern part are Abandoned village of Mili, Five Saints Church in the gorge Dev Miles, Palace of King Minos of Knossos. On western part are Cave Melissani, Navajo Cove, National Park Vikos-EPA. On noth are Waterpark Waterland, Monasteries of Mount Athos, The White Tower in Thessaloniki. On east are The ancient city of Kamiros, Mount Filerimos, The ancient town of Lindos On central part are Allou Fun Park, Monasteries of Meteora, Argos fortress. On southern part are Abandoned village of Mili, Five Saints Church in the gorge Dev Miles, Palace of King Minos of Knossos. On western part are Cave Melissani, Navajo Cove, National Park Vikos-EPA. On noth are Waterpark Waterland, Monasteries of Mount Athos, The White Tower in Thessaloniki. On east are The ancient city of Kamiros, Mount Filerimos, The ancient town of Lindos On central part are Allou Fun Park, Monasteries of Meteora, Argos fortress.
Greece — Attractions
page: 1, results: 1561
- Abandoned village of MiliThe advantage of the village Milly over other settlements in Greece is that it is located in a picturesque place the eponymous valley This is a deep...
- Five Saints Church in the gorge Dev MilesBy itself the village is situated in a unique location the eponymous valley It consists of a steep ravine the slopes of which are covered with fruit...
- Palace of King Minos of KnossosThe palace of King Minos the legendary architectural monument located on the island of Crete According to legend the ancient Greeks King Minos built... 1
- The village of BaliThe village of Bali a small village is ready to offer exclusively peaceful measuring romantic pastime Area of the village is surrounded by... 2
- Cave MelissaniThe cave is surrounded by mysterious forests and to the west of it is a lake of the same name part of which is covered and under the stone arches... 2
- Waterpark WaterlandWaterpark Waterland is located 8 km from the city of Thessaloniki in the village of Tagarades This is one of the largest and most modern complexes of... 2
- The ancient city of KamirosFrom the ancient Greek polis restored after the earthquake 2 200 years ago and was considered one of the most important on the island leaving only...
- Monasteries of Mount AthosThe first monasteries were built here in the IX The Holy Mountain is divided into twenty autonomous territories Each monastery on Mount Athos are... 1
- Balos bayIndeed paradise holiday destination in Greece is Balos bay on the northwest coast of Crete where the coast is washed by three seas the Aegean Ionian... 1
- Allou Fun ParkAlla Fun Park is the Greek amusement park In fact this theme park like Disneyland but smaller in size It was opened in October 2002 and since then is...
- Psychro CaveLegend has it that it was in this cave was born god Zeus born goddess Rhea secretly from Kronos And Zeus in it not only born but grew up Subsequently... 2
- Navajo CoveNavajo Cove on the north west of Zakynthos one of the most beautiful parts of Greece Blue water an amazing cross section of rocks high mountains and... 2
- Mount FilerimosFilerimos mountain (altitude 270 meters) on the island of Rhodes is named after the monk who lived here in the XIII century The monk brought with him... 1
- The ancient town of LindosLindos is noteworthy as one of the centers of ancient civilization And indeed the homonymous village with its perfectly restored houses and post... 2
- Monasteries of MeteoraMonasteries of Meteora one of the largest monasteries in Greece renowned primarily for its unique location on the cliff top Monastic center was...
- Peninsula PrasonisiPrasonisi is 90 km from the capital city of Rhodes The location is unique in that the natural peninsula is divided into two parts sandy isthmus Here... 2
- The White Tower in ThessalonikiWhite Tower a true symbol of Thessaloniki Previously the White Tower drew even on the money The tower was built in the 15th century as a protective...
- Argos fortressArgos fortress located on a hill Larissa from the top of which are well looked modern Greek city of Argos areas Often it is called after the hill...
- Ancient DelphiDelphi it is one of the most important religious centers of ancient Greece in 176 km from Athens Delphi Archaeological and Museum is located at the...
- Archaeological Museum of HeraklionThe history of the museum began in 1883 with a simple collection of ancient artifacts A separate building was erected in 1904 1912 by two years of...
- Ruins of SpartaOne of the most famous cities in Greece have Sparta Today it is a small town but in times of ancient Greece it was a powerful policy that went down...
- Samaria GorgeSamaria Gorge one of the longest and most beautiful gorges in Europe a length of about 18 km Gorge has the status of National Park dissects the... 2
- The historic center of ChaniaAt the moment the city of Chania consists of the old town and the new not much different from a modern European city The real miracle that during the... 1
- Monastery of St. John the DivineMonastery of St John the Divine Orthodox monastery on the island of Patmos (Greece) under the jurisdiction of the Patriarchate of Constantinople... 1
Greece — Interesting facts
- Сapital : Athens
- Population : 11,000,000
First level administrative units
- Mount Athos
- Central Greece
- Central Macedonia
- East Macedonia and Thrace
- Ionian Islands
- North Aegean
- South Aegean
- West Greece
- West Macedonia