Washington, D. C. — attractions and interesting facts
Washington, D. C. is the capital of United States, located is on south part of it. We have found 4 attractions here, some interesting of them: Museum of the Smithsonian, Presidential Park, DAR Museum, National Museum of American History. You can to look around too. On noth (0 kilometers) is White House. On notheast (0 kilometers) is Treasury Building, Restaurant and Bar Old Ebbitt Grill (0 km). On west (0 kilometers) is Octagon House. On nothwest (0 kilometers) is Renwick Gallery.
We propose to visit the most interesting attractions:
- Museum of the SmithsonianSmithsonian Institution founded in 1846 the famous research and educational institution in the United States It is the world's largest collection of...
- Presidential ParkPresidential Park in Washington this is a great recreational space area 332 000 square meters located around the White House and covered the actual...
- DAR MuseumMuseum DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) a monument which unfortunately often drops out of sight of tourists The museum presents more than...
- National Museum of American HistoryNational Museum of American History in Washington founded in 1964 is located in a modern building with original design It is included in the...
- White HouseThe first stone of the building of the future official residence of the President of the United States the world famous White House was laid on... Bealls Levels (historical) 1
- Treasury BuildingConstruction of the Treasury in Washington took a large amount of time from 1836 to 1869 Now is the oldest government building in the city his style... Bealls Levels (historical)
- Restaurant and Bar Old Ebbitt GrillOld Ebbitt Grill a historic bar and restaurant located in Washington District of Columbia The restaurant is popular with locals and is known for its... Bealls Levels (historical)
- Octagon HouseOctagon House in Washington DC is the oldest museum in the US dedicated to architecture and design House project was designed by Dr William Thornton... Northwest Rectangle
- Renwick GalleryRenwick Gallery is a branch of the Smithsonian American Art Museum located in Washington DC specializing in American crafts and decorative art XIX... Bealls Levels (historical)
- National TheatreNational Theatre in Washington the oldest theater in the United States provides representation since 1835 Performances plays and musicals of the... Bealls Levels (historical)
- Interior MuseumMuseum Interior opened in 1938 is administered by the Department of the United States and is located on the first floor of the main building The... Northwest Rectangle
- Cathedral of St. JohnSt John's Cathedral located on Lafayette Square is rightly called the "Church of the Presidents " After all the cathedral is almost at the White... Bealls Levels (historical)
- Warner TheatreWarner Theatre is located in the heart of Washington It was originally built in 1924 as a cinema to show silent movies and vaudeville theater and was... Bealls Levels (historical)
- Washington MonumentGeorge Washington Memorial a huge 169 meter high stone stele erected in memory of the first US president George Washington It towers over the town of... Burnes Discovery (historical)
- Old Post Office PavilionOld Post Office Pavilion a unique architectural monument located between the White House and the Capitol The building was constructed in 1899 and is... Elinor (historical)
- National Memorial, Korean War VeteransKorean War Veterans Memorial is located on the National Mall in the southeast of the Lincoln Memorial Monument to those who died and suffered in the... Burnes Discovery (historical) 1
- Memorial to the participants of the Second World WarWorld War II Memorial located on the National Mall in Washington The monument is a tribute 16000000 soldiers of the American army who fought in... Burnes Discovery (historical)
- National Museum of Women in the ArtsThe National Museum of Women in the Arts brings recognition to the achievements of women artists of all periods and nationalities by exhibiting... Franklin McPherson Square
- Subway station "Metro Center"Metro Centre Central perasadachnaya Bahn metro rail system (WMATA) in Washington The decision to build this system was adopted in 1966 two years... Elinor (historical)
- Holocaust Memorial Museum United StatesHolocaust Memorial Museum American national company documentation explanations and study of the history of the Holocaust The museum is located in... Burnes Discovery (historical)
- National Museum of Natural HistoryNational Museum of Natural History was founded in 1910 and operated by the Smithsonian Institution It is situated on the territory of the National... Elinor (historical)
- Concert Hall Lisner AuditoriumConcert Hall Lisner Auditorium is located on the campus of George Washington It is named in honor of the patron Lisner Abram who was a patron of the... Mexico (historical)
- Vietnam Veterans MemorialVietnam Veterans Memorial is a national monument dedicated to the United States and American soldiers missing in action or who died on the... Hamburgh (historical)
Interesting facts about Washington, D. C.
- Population : 601,723
- Elevation : 7
- 0.7 kmNorthwest Rectangle
- 0.8 kmFranklin McPherson Square
- 1.1 kmFarragut Square
- 1.3 kmChinatown
- 1.4 kmThomas Circle
- 1.5 kmHamburgh (historical)
- 1.6 kmMount Vernon Square
- 1.6 kmDupont Circle
- 1.8 kmWest End
- 1.8 kmJudiciary Square